Thread: WPA Password List

Cool WPA Password List

Okay so Im doing a report on wireless security I have been able to figure out how to crack a WEP key and I know the steps for a WPA key. The only thing Im missing is a good list of passwords or dictionary. Anyone know of where I could get one? I know there are 2 in bt3 but dont know where and from what I hear they are not that great. Thanks for the help.

Default BT3 Help

I need a bit of help for a paper Im doing on wireless security. I need a WPA list that I can download just to show they are our there and are more then just dictionary words.

Just burned his ISO

tinyshell.be/aircrackng/forum/index.php?topic=1373.0

aircrack-ng.org/doku.php?id=faq#where_can_i_find_good_wordlists

Question

Thank you. I did get a pretty good list together from the site you gave. I was also wondering if there is a way to crack a WPA key with out a password list. So that no matter what the key is you will get it. This way leaving out error for not having the password in your list?

Quote Originally Posted by kdiggity317 View Post
    Thank you. I did get a pretty good list together from the site you gave. I was also wondering if there is a way to crack a WPA key with out a password list. So that no matter what the key is you will get it. This way leaving out error for not having the password in your list?
    Short of bruteforcing it, no.
    -Monkeys are like nature's humans.

im not fully sure on that but i will look into how. if anyone has a guide or tutorial on it plz let me know.thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by kdiggity317 View Post
    im not fully sure on that but i will look into how. if anyone has a guide or tutorial on it plz let me know.thanks again.
    Bruteforcing would be the very last resort, since it would mean to try every single possible character combination. As a WPA passphrase can be 63 characters long and special characters besides letters and numbers are accepted this is often pretty much, at least practically, infeasible.
    -Monkeys are like nature's humans.