Thread: Aircrack "Key Found!" - Now what?

Just burned his ISO

Default Aircrack "Key Found!" - Now what?

Hey Guys,

Great community, lots of great info. Sorry for the noob inquire.

I've been doing this for about a week on my MBP C2D with the BT3 live CD, BT2 didnt work with my wireless card...anyway...

I've been tooling around, testing my network and got all the way, using the Xploitz video tuts, to using aircrack-ng. I got the "Found Key - Decrypted correctly: 100%" with xx:xx:xx:xx...etc. but I'm not sure what to do with this? And I'm not really sure how to search for the answer. Any directions? I'd like to get a key that I can input into a windows connection window if possible.

Also, this may be completely noobish, but how come I have aircrack 1.0? and in other tuts around the web I've seen all the way up to 2.3? just a side question.

Developer

First of it was your network you should know the key. You just put the key into the little box that says "enter WEP key here".

the current version of aircrack is....Latest version: 1.0-beta2

However you are right I found a download for 2.41 hereNot sure what it is exactly.

Well whatever it is its missing aireplay and packetforge and a few other crucial aircrack tools so I would stick with what you got. Use the fasttrack aircrack update selection if you want the latest development version.

XX:XX:XX:XX:XX should be the key.

with out : <- this

so XXXXXXXXXX is the key simply.

type it in the windows network connection.
    and of course it has to be your NETWORK !!

Just burned his ISO

Thanks.

I guess I'm trying to realize how someone would use this info to crack my wireless. If aircrack decrypts the key, but doesn't actually give you the key, what would the attacker do next? Can I literally put the "83:55:F7:..etc." into "enter WEP key here" dialog box? Since thats the only info aircrack has given me.

Back to aircrack ver. #'s. Was aircrack 1.0-beta2 released before BT3 beta? I have aircrack 1.0 beta 1 r857, which is obviously an older version. Is it possible to update the BT3 cd, or do I have to update it everything I boot up?

Again, noobish stuff. Thanks for your patience.

Developer

Look I dont know how to make it more clear. You obviously don't have your own wireless network because if you did you would know that when you enter your "passphrase" in the router it generates 4 hash combos and this is what you enter in to connect to the wireless network. The "key" that aircrack gives you is one of these hash's.

To answer your other question the newest aircrack release came out after the bt3 beta cd. If you are having trouble with some of these other concepts the task of adding something to the live cd is probably going to be over your head. I'm not trying to insult you just stating a fact.

Just burned his ISO

Smile

Thanks - Chocolove - for being direct with your answer, since it was a simple question without need for an ethical backlash. Your answer came while I was replying to pureh@te.

Thanks pureh@te for answering my other question.

How about instead of merely telling me I can't fish, you perhaps pass on the information to enable me to fish. I hope THAT wasn't over you head. I'd like to learn HOW to create a new live cd with updated software. I'm sure, as you know, this will help me in the future. But I understand if you feel like I'm a "lost cause".

Quote Originally Posted by SrBruno View Post
    I guess I'm trying to realize how someone would use this info to crack my wireless. If aircrack decrypts the key, but doesn't actually give you the key, what would the attacker do next? Can I literally put the "83:55:F7:..etc." into "enter WEP key here" dialog box? Since thats the only info aircrack has given me.
    No you sound more like you want to break into someone else's wireless network like pureh@te said and are afraid that you could be cought if you enter wrong information while connecting.

As already stated if you'd try it with your own network you should have typed that key in a couple of times already. Or copy and pasted it but still seen it before.
    Tiocfaidh ár lá

Developer

No problem helping you learn to fish. Start here and then here.